Travel Health Update
Time & Location
About the Event
An interactive and engaging approach to delivering a live streamed training session via Microsoft Teams or Zoom. There is a maximum of 20 delegates on this course to facilitate learning. The trainer uses an interactive tool which can be used for voting, taking part in case studies, sharing ideas/opinions, Q&A’s and makes the course more interesting by being interactive. Delegates can ask questions and interact with the trainer.
Cathy O’Malley RGN FFTM RCPS(Glasg) is a Travel Health Nurse Specialist with 14 years clinical experience in a travel clinic. She has a Travel medicine diploma and is a Fellow of the Faculty of Travel Medicine at the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow. She is an experienced trainer and is passionate about travel medicine and passing her knowledge on to others.
· The travel consultation
· Tools and resources
· Risk assessment
· Vaccine preventable diseases
· Non-vaccine preventable diseases
· Other health risks
· Case studies and scheduling of vaccines
· Legal aspects and responsibilities of the travel health practitioner
· Mosquito borne diseases
· The complex traveller
· FGM & the travel consultation
· Covid-19 & advising travellers
Delegates will require:
· To access course on a computer, laptop, tablet, or iPad with a large screen (i.e. bigger than a phone) with working speakers & microphone
· A separate mobile phone (We use menti.com for the interactive element of the course). The trainer will provide a code for this when the meeting starts.
· A good internet connection
· To be in an environment where you will not be disturbed, as you will need to be present for the whole course (as it is interactive & live).
· After the course: you will require a colleague to be your supervising practitioner to help develop your skills in clinical practice and assess your competency prior to you undertaking travel consultations alone.